Cycalive is an annual event for Grade 11 students of different cultural and religious backgrounds who are selected to represent the participating schools. They cycle all the way from Johannesburg to Durban in support and promotion of the following goals:
- To build bridges and form bonds between young South Africans
- To inspire Ubuntu, optimism and commitment for the common good of a positive future in South Africa
- To raise funds for much-needed educational projects
- To highlight the importance of road safety and the Arrive Alive campaign
- To encourage leadership and a spirit of adventure, personal challenge and self confidence.
For the second consecutive year, the closing ceremony for this prestigious event was held at the Moses Mabhida Stadium. From the Marine Parade the cyclists were escorted by an entourage of Metro Police as well as a live band to the stadium. They truly did arrive in style.
Councillor Logie Naidoo, Speaker for EThekwini Municipality, was present to welcome and congratulate the young cyclists for their participation and commitment to the initiative.
21 August 2013 | Events