Wow, Durbs. It’s been FIVE years, can you believe it? Time really does fly when you’re having fun! As we get ready to celebrate our 5th Birthday this November, we just want to say:
We couldn’t have done it without you!
And while saying thank you has a really nice ring to it, we thought what better way to express our appreciation by declaring a Birthday Weekend in your honour! Way to get festive before the festive season, right?
So, without further ado – here’s what we’re doing to celebrate five fun-filled years!
Saturday 22 November 2014:
- 4km Family Fun Walk at 8am starting at People’s Park.
- Download the registration form here: Fun Walk Registration Form. Registration will also take place on the day from 6am at the START in People’s Park. R40 entry fee which goes to the Mabhida Foundation Trust.
- Free Exhibition celebrating the spirit of an icon, Moses Mabhida. The exhibition will take place next to CUBA Lounge and will be free to the public to attend from 9am – 5pm.
- Free Stadium Tours all day on the hour, every hour starting from 9am – 4pm.
- SkyCar Rides only R25 all day from 9am to 5pm (last ride 4.30pm)
- Segway Gliding Tours 45 min glide half price all day – Bookings Essential. Book a Segway Tour: Count me in!
Sunday 23 November 2014
- Sundowner Jazz Session at People’s Park Cafe from 3pm – 7pm. Line-up: Simphiwe Dana, 5th season and Thobeka Langa. Food and drinks will be on sale at the venue, no picnic baskets or any food and beverage may be brought to the concert.
- Tickets are R150 pp and available from the Moses Mabhdia Stadium Ticket Office from now and on the day.
BUT WAIT! There’s also a competition!
… and it’s the Ultimate Birthday Throwback!
Help us remember the good, the great and the best times by back tagging your favourite stadium pics with #MM5 & #MMSLive and you could win great prizes on the daily! Head over to our Facebook Page to check out all the entries!
Double tickets to a SOLD OUT John Legend concert along with 4 Sky Car and Stadium Tour tickets and a People’s Park Cafe lunch voucher! Double tickets to Pet Shop Boys along with 4 Sky Car and Stadium Tour tickets and a People’s Park Cafe lunch voucher! Double tickets to Fact Durban Rocks along with 4 Sky Car and Stadium Tour tickets and a People’s Park Cafe lunch voucher! Double tickets to Michael Buble along with 4 Sky Car and Stadium Tour tickets and a People’s Park Cafe lunch voucher!
HINT: Up your chances of winning by entering during our birthday weekend!
Winners to be announced throughout our birthday month!
Saturday 22 November 2014
Time: 9am – 5pm
Venue: Moses Mabhida Stadium & People’s Park
Entrance Fee: Tours, Exhibition – Free, SkyCar – R25, Segway 45 minute glide half price.
Sunday 23 November 2014
Time: 3pm – 7pm
Venue: People’s Park Cafe
Entrance Fee: R150 pp
Official Event Hashtag: #MM5 & #MMSLive
Follow the fun and unlock awesome prizes!
This event is brought to you by Moses Mabhida Stadium in partnership with The Mabhida Foundation
Terms & Conditions Apply. In the event that shows are postponed or cancelled, MMS cannot be held responsible.
05 November 2014 | Events