Stadia Terms of Entry
- The right of admission is reserved. In particular, the Licensor and the Hirer reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, the Venue any persons who are drunk or disorderly or whose conduct is unlawful or offensive or who is not entitled to attend the Events. Any person who causes a disturbance or who refuses to comply with reasonable requests from the Licensor and the Hirer may be removed from the Stadium.
- Unauthorised persons are prohibited from entering the Stadium arena and any other area not accessible by the public.
- Persons under the age of 12 must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times. The Licensor and the Hirer reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, the Stadium or to refer to the police any persons under the age of 12 who are without adult supervision.
- Bags and other items may be subject to inspection and Patrons may be searched. Patrons who refuse inspections or searches may be denied entry to the Venue.
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or out of the Venue. It is an offense for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors. Alcohol may only be consumed in clearly marked areas of the Venue.
- Patrons are generally not permitted to bring food or beverage products purchased at commercial outlets outside the Venue’s licensed area into the Venue. Decisions about whether such products will be permitted are at the discretion of the Licensor or the Event promoter. Patrons will generally be advised to dispose of such items or will have the items confiscated prior to entering the Venue. This does not apply to food or beverages for patrons with special dietary requirements, provided that such food or beverages are not packaged in prohibited containers.
- Items which, in the opinion of Stadium management, have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person will not be permitted into the Stadium. These include controlled, dangerous or illegal substances, cans, bottles, flares, fireworks, laser pointers, loud hailers and weapons of any description and may include certain musical instruments, flags and flagpoles and any other items considered by Stadium management to have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person.
- Cameras (including digital cameras), audio and video recorders may only be brought into the Stadium if agreed to between both Parties. Should it be agreed, at the request of the Hirer, that such items be confiscated, the Hirer shall be liable for additional License Charges equal to the costs incurred in having the said items confiscated (such as security costs).
- Patrons are not permitted to transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise publish, disseminate or reproduce any recordings (including, without limitation, photographic, video or sound recordings) of the Events without the prior written approval of both Parties. Such recordings may be confiscated or erased. Any recordings or recording devices which are confiscated will become the property of both Parties.
- Patrons acknowledge that the Stadium owner or the Event promoter may use a Patron’s image or likeness as part of any recording of the Events.
- Umbrellas are permitted in the Stadium but must not be opened or raised in the seating areas or concourses at any time.
- Prams, pushers, bags and other belongings must be able to fit under the patron’s seat.
- Patrons assume all risk of any damage or loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) however it arises at the Stadium. Customers bring personal effects onto the premises at their own risk. Stadium management will not be responsible for any damage to or loss or theft of a customer’s personal property.
- Smoking is prohibited in non-designated areas of the Stadium and its precincts. Patrons who smoke in the Stadium commit an offense, to which fines apply.
- Patrons may be immediately evicted from the Stadium
- Patrons may not be admitted if their tickets are damaged or defaced or their tickets have not been purchased from an authorised ticket agent.
- The Event promoter may add, withdraw or substitute competitors, teams or artists and/or vary advertised material, programmes, prices, seating arrangements, audience capacity, the venue or programme times without liability to the Event promoter or to Stadium management.
NB: In the terms of entry, a reference to the Event promoter is a reference to the Hirer.
Prohibited and Restricted Items
MMS, the SAPS, Stadium Security and their duly authorised officials reserve the right to prevent any person from bringing in any item into the Stadium which is reasonably considered to be a danger or risk to the general safety and security of the event. These items include:
- Any type of weapon, inc. without limitation, firearms, ammunition, traditional weapons and knives;
- Any form of alcohol or non-prescribed narcotic;
- Any form of alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage;
- Cans, metal containers/objects, glass bottles, glass/containers & objects;
- Explosives, fireworks, any incendiary device (incl. flares and smoke bombs);
- Any form of compressed gas container inc. gas bottles, spray paint, self defense sprays etc;
- Chemicals of any nature incl dry ice;
- “Braai”/cooking equipment;
- Umbrellas with sharp steel pointed ends;
- Any form of sporting equipment (exception miniatures for autograph purposes);
- Any form of musical instrument (except plastic vuvuzelas);
- Lasers, light emitting strobes or powerful detachable photographic flash equipment;
- Professional photographic (zoom lenses > 300mm), video & recording equipment;
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards or similar;
- Animals (other than guide-dogs);
- Any form of hand-out which can reasonably be considered to be of an ambush marketing /offensive/inflammatory/nuisance nature or a safety risk;
- Banners or flags which can reasonably be considered to be of an offensive, vulgar, racist, sexist, discriminatory, inflammatory nature;
- Any other item/object which is reasonably considered by the SAPS Authorised Member or VOC Commander to be of a potential dangerous, offensive or nuisance nature.